Welcome to the homepage for the Lines Parent Teacher Organization! All parents are welcome to be a member of the Lines PTO. The PTO is made up of committees which plan, coordinate and sponsor a wide variety of school activities and fundraisers. These committees fall into the following broad categories:
- Fundraising: The goal of these committees is to raise money so that PTO can help teachers purchase additional classroom materials, sponsor PTO programs and purchase larger priced items for the entire school. Some examples of these committees are the Adult Social, Family Fundraiser, Box Tops, Book Fair and Spirit Wear Sales.
- Programs/Events: These are the bulk of the committees and range from social events, to cultural arts assemblies, to service projects, to reading clubs.
- Communication: These committees are responsible for getting the word out. We have a website, weekly electronic newsletter, and an information board.
Over the past several years, Lines PTO has funded the following:
- Built a Sensory Path inside the building
- Designed & Build a new Playground
- Replaced the floor in the school gym with a safer, more durable flooring
- Fully funded and supplied books for the Lines Literacy Library
- Purchased SMART boards for use in the classroom
- Purchased a new sound system
- Landscaped the front of the school and moved the flagpole
- Purchased furniture for the Media Center
- Funded Sound Field Systems for grades K-3
- Back to school spending money for teachers (money must be spent on classroom materials)
- Purchased books for the media center
- Purchased Accelerated Reader tests
- Sponsored assemblies such as The Jesse White Tumblers, animal experts, bullying, recycling,
- Irish Dancers
- Replaced dated and worn instruments in the music department
- Purchased yoga mats, gymnastics mats and golf sets for the PE department
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and follow us on Instagram!
Sarah Collins & Rena Slovick
- Vice President
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary
Wendy Ehlert & Jessica Eustice
- Treasurer 1
Shelly Curttright & Melissa Mickey
- Treasurer 2
- Member at Large
Please contact any Executive Board member at: firstname.lastname@example.org